Monday, October 16, 2017

What's up y'all

It's been a great week this week!  Last week we went on a tour with Sisters Maldonado and Ririe and that's why I didn't write a long email.  It was a cool tour and I'll put a pic of us and the tour dude. We had a lot of meetings early in the week, but I forgot to mention last week that Elder Creager is my new zone leader right now so that's pretty neat.  We FaceTime once a week and usually more so that's sick.

On the super dope side of things, we met a guy at the grocery store a few weeks ago and he had a basketball shirt on so asked him where they play ball? He said they have a league and he said he'd get us in so we be been talking to him and we got drafted onto his team and we played a game on Wednesday. We were just expecting like a small little throw together pick up game thing but this thing was legit dude. We got like full Jersey all for free and like there's refs and we found out after that they were like filming some and they talk about it for like a min or 2 on some ghetto Bermuda news channel. Richard was watching and I guess the news said warriors(our team) lost by 4 but Elder Koby Imlay was the games high scorer with 26 points hahahahah! it was sick got my name in the news and great to ball up again.  I was only white dude out there but we got some buckets. It's way cool to because it's getting us a lot of recognition and we are gonna teach like anyone on our team and other teams that want too. Also there's a recent convert on our team so I feel like it's gonna be a huge help to the slow work!  We are encouraged to use our talents to find people so that is what I am doing. 

The rest of the week was great and we have this investigator named Tymon who we are teaching tonight who I'm pumped for.  We found him through his brother who was a former and he's just a way sincere guy.  We also had some great lessons with some of the less actives  and we are really focusing on them. I'd encourage everyone to watch President Nelson's talk again.....we've been using that a ton with the work.

Every Saturday we are still construction workers at the Mello-canns and its way fun. I'm a master with the jack-hammer now.  Sunday was awesome.  Mike Johnson our recent convert gave a great talk and he's literally just such a stud. Coolest most sincere guy I've ever met and the gospel completely changed this guys life.....love him.

Well today we got interviews and chillin with the squad. I love Bermuda and the people here. I really just love people and making all of these awesome relationships and connections and meeting new people.....it's just a once in a lifetime thing. The mission and life is hard, but we can find joy in any journey and everyday that's what we are trying to do! Shout out to the fine 9 I can't tell you how many times I've talked about you guys on the mission.  I love my fam so much same to you! 

Elder Koby Imlay

Go hawks




No comments:

Post a Comment