Monday, June 5, 2017

Aye everyone!!

This week was so dope!! I got traded this transfer (trynna win the nba finals out here and get a ring!) No but really I'm still in the hood and I'm so pumped! I got moved to Far Rockaway, which is the peninsula island at the bottom of queens and it is filthy awesome. I miss the people in rego a lot but this place is gonna be way cool! I got a new companion and his name is elder McCleary! He is was dope, I love the guy we are gonna have such a fun transfer and I'm way excited. Elder McCleary is from the factory, Kaysville Utah.  He went to the same high school as elder snell! But we get along so well and he's already my boi love the guy. I miss rego a ton because of the people but I'm way excited to be here in far rockaway.

It's crazy how much things change when you get transferred! Legit everything is like brand new! 1st we have a car now so that's dope! I'm gonna get mad fat but I don't care it's pretty cool! Our area is tiny but we still got a car. 2nd my apartment is so freaking nice, like I'm living luxury. We got a dishwasher and a washing machine. It's crazy dope up in here, and our apartment is legit like 500 yard from the beach. It's like the most ghetto, hood area in the mission but we got the most luxury crib ever. 3rd new comp and district but they are all so cool so I'm way pumped to be with them. 4th our branch is so tiny we meet in like the 4th floor of the rando building and only like 55 people are in our ward and it's mostly Spanish people so we have to wear headsets and get it translated into English. This place is so cool! And the weather is so nice right now. It's right by the ocean so we've been chilling at like 70 degrees all week I'm hyped.

This week we've been having lots of fun and working way hard. Every morning we go to the beach and play ball at the courts or like throw Frisbee or football on the beach it's so cool. But we've been meeting with a lot of people, Willie and Sashana got baptized like 2 weeks ago so we are working with them a lot. We are taking Willie to the temple on June 17. He is in a wheelchair and he is such a stud I love that guy! But we have been knocking a lot trying to find new investigators and we found some way cool people this week so I'll keep you updated. Keep praying for all our people especially Willie, Sashana, John, and Quay and bryce!

At the start of February our mission president challenged us to read the whole Book of Mormon by may 31st and I was able to read the last to chapters on may 31st so I was excited to meet the goal, and I promise you guys that that's a true book and if you need help in your life with anything turn to the book of Mormon. I challenge you to read it daily and watch it change your life.

I love you all so much. Kaler & Cam you guys are awesome keep ballin out. Mom dad you guys are literally the best ever and I'm so grateful. Fine 9 I wish you were here on the beach with me, but know I'm praying for you and all every day. We met this guy named Shawn with his girlfriend in there car and he was way dope. He's been texting us finals score updates and he was hilarious, big black guy. I challenged him to a game of 2 on 2 and if we win then he comes to church so we are playing him later tonight! Last dope thing we were teaching Willie last night and after our lesson he turned on game 2 and we watched the last 5 mins of the first quarter it was way tight.

My email is way to long but love you all keep me updated and here's some pictures. Send me all letters and packages at this address!

Elder Imlay

Address:

6604 Seaspray Ave apt 2
Arverne NY 11692






No comments:

Post a Comment