Monday, June 12, 2017

What up squad.

What a freaking crazy week! This was a good week and I'm loving far rockaway, like a ton. I love my comp! He's mad dope and we get along so good.  We laugh so much and have tons of fun but we also work hard! Last Monday was P-days which are the dopest. We played soccer on the beach, basketball on a beachside court and beach football! And we have 7 elders so it's way fun.

This week was awesome.  The ward here in far rockaway is really small and the work right now is slow, but for sure it's gonna pick up now! We have been trying to find people to teach and get solid people. We have found tons of cool people but the return appointment just is not happening and these people just disappear.  Finally yesterday we met this family from Jamaica and the are so awesome. Nadine and her kids! We will be teaching them all tons now and they were like legit excited to read the book of mormon! I will keep you updated on them!

I'm getting to know the ward way better now, and it's small but the people here are great and we just have a lot of work to do as missionaries! The young men and women in the branch are super awesome.  This guy named brad is 18 about to graduate and is super dope. He loves the church and missionaries and is planning on going soon but he makes music for fun so we re recorded airmish....I will send you the song in the email!  Clarence is the 14 year old guy who is sick! He comes out and does work with us all the time and chills with us! Also Shawn's ex-wife lives down here in far rock so I'm gonna go convert her as well and tell her she screwed up cause Shawn is the dopest guy ever hahaha!

Tuesday was fun we had exchanges and I was with elder Vargas so in a Spanish pool! It was cool to just sit there and try and understand Spanish when they speak. I'm gonna pick it up someday hahaha. Thursday and Saturday in the mornings we helped sister Otoo in our ward paint her wall! It was so fun and I'll send some pics. She also cooked us breakfast and hooked it up with some food to bring home. Then Thursday night we were at the Dure families house and that's when Brad helped us produce our song! We also got a nail in our tire so we had to go to Lynbrook to get it fixed so we checked out the mall why we were there which was awesome hahaha.

We ran into this cool Jewish family while knocking and they became our new best friends. We went in and they fed us.  Some were a little drunk but it was hilarious because one of them wanted us to drink some Jack Daniels!  But we got to testify about the book of Mormon and I can definitely tell you all that that is a true book. We hold the evidence to find out if our church is true in our hands and still we don't dive into like we should. Everyone go watch President Holland's talk called Safety for the Soul. Sometime I hope to have the condition he does about the book of Mormon.

My emails are so long I'm sorry....weeks are crazy out here and I wanna tell y'all everything but I can't even get like half. I hope you all have a great week. Warriors are gonna win tonight so send me a championship hat. You so have been slacking on the sports updates. But anyway love you all....shout out to kaler at EFY, probably kissed 3 chicks (following in his bros footsteps hahahaha).  Cam out there putting in work, love you man!  Mom and dad I love you so much! Shout out to the squad fine 9 for life boys. Shout out to VH in Lynbrook keep ballin!

Love you all.

Elder YK imlay

Pics






No comments:

Post a Comment