Monday, April 24, 2017

Yo what's up fam & everyone,

This week was Flippin crazy. It was super lit and the work is going very well! To start my new companion is Elder Snell. He is from Kaysville Utah (everyone on the mission is from freaking utah). He has been out 9 months and he's a good missionary! I got so much respect for my trainer Elder Asplund! That guy is my man,  I actually miss the guy a lot and I'm so gratrful for him and the work we did here in rego! But it's crazy, I have to lead our pool of people and it's just a whole new look on missionary work, it changed a ton but I like it. This place is like my home now, I know all these people in our ward and it is such an awesome place to be.

This week was dope.  We had transfers on Tuesday which are the coolest days in the mission cause you get to see the squad! Got to see my boy VH, shout out to him. But we had a solid week this week and the Lord blessed us a lot for our hard work! So an awesome thing happened...this guy about Cameron's age texted us and wants to learn more out of the random! That does not happen here in NY so we were pumped! His name is Adrian Gonzales, and he is my boy. Keep him in your prayers and hopefully I can send home some pics of him getting dunked soon! Also we have been inviting people to church all the time and 3 random people we met on the street just decided to come to church yesterday! It's like so crazy, that type of stuff does not happen here in Queens so we were so pumped. I'm excited to see the work me and elder snell are gonna do! Elder snell has been out on the island for all 9 months so this is his second area and he has not been in the city. I feel like a native NY out here, I know the subways and buses like the back of my hand, I love this place.

This week I was able to give a blessing to Joe to help him stop drinking. Everyone please keep him in your prayers. He is like one of my favorite dudes ever and I really just want to see the man happy. Also continue praying for Naveen! He is talking to his boss this week about how he has to have Sundays off! Hahahaha!  The thing that gets me the most is when we are taking the 7 train, people are always jam packed in there headed to the Mets games at night and I always get so jealous cause I want to go, but I always start talking to them about baseball and sports and that's like my in with all people so it's cool!

Quick shout out to my mom, Happy Birthday! I think she turned like 28 or something like that. But also I love you all so much and I feel your prayers. I hope you all don't miss me to much! I always forget to write a bunch of stuff but that's okay hahaha! Last week on p day was so cool, we had this BBQ and I was cooking weenies and burgers for everyone it was way cool! Thats all for me. Everyone have a good week and will keep you updated next week.

Elder koby imlay

P.s go jazz




No comments:

Post a Comment