Monday, April 3, 2017

Hey its ya boy Elder Imlay

WEEK 12 "The Perfect Week"

It was a great week here in NYC. To explain the title of the email, I came up with the perfect week because it is when you get fed dinner every night for 7 days in a row!!! So we started of this week strong with 3 solid dinners Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. We had the rest of the week scheduled as well and our dreams of the perfect week we're high. Then like usually our plans got blown up and we only got 5/7 days this week hahahahah. We will keep striving for greatest and one day I know it will happen.

Anyways this week was cool.  We met with a family we knocked into and the mom had read the book of Mormon and we invited her to be baptized but she said she need more time to read! Keep Kaur in your prayers! I got to give a blessing to sister Macdonald she is a less active in our ward this week. The spirit was so strong and the priesthood really is amazing and definetly changes lifes. Sister Macdonald was so nice tho and brought us to breakfast at IHOP after so that was lit. Another really cool thing happened this week tho. So on Tuesday we get a call from a random number so we answer and the guy on the phone says that he had a feeling that he needed to check out our church and so we set up a meeting for Thursday at our church. Thursday rolled around and we went to the church to find that he showed up 15 minutes early cause he was so excited. When I saw the guy I was stunned...he had his hair pulled back in a bun and it was bleached (bleach boys), he also had tattoos all over and piercings everywhere. We taught him the restoration and as we were telling him about about Joseph Smith the spirit was so strong and he told us that he knows this church is true. He came to conference yesterday and I'm very excited to see his progress. The only bummer is we are gonna have to pass him off to other missionaries cause he is like 5 streets outside of our area. But as long as he finds happiness and peace I don't care who teaches him. This gospel is true.

We had the greatest opportunity this weekend to watch conference and it was amazing! I'm proud to say that I didn't even fall asleep for the first time in my whole conference career. Hahahahahahah but for real elder Hollands talk on Saturday was truly amazing!  The whole conference talked a lot about love, helping people and truly putting others needs above our own is how we find happiness. We have to allow ourselves to change and invite that love into our lives and then we will find the peace that comes from this gospel. Conference truly answers questions and being out on a mission is lit. I'm almost done training finally so that is dope and I still wake up everyday just in awe that I'm out here doing this. Hahah Shawn came to priesthood session with us it was so dope.  He took the place of dad and the Bros this year hahahaha. I love Shawn so much!

This week I will try to send an email on Saturday as that will be my p day cause we are hitting up temple with Shawn then! So if you don't hear from me then, I will email in 2 weeks! Love you all. I pray for you daily and appreciate all the love you all send. Keep it chill. Go Zags

Elder Imlay

This girl in our ward loves us and drew me some pictures.
Watching conference at the church with the Spanish branch
Elder Rossi came back to visit the mish




No comments:

Post a Comment