Monday, March 27, 2017

This week was sooooooo bomb. It flew by and literally was such a good week with some of the greatest experiences I have had on my mission! I freaking love being a missionary. It's so crazy like everyday when I look in the mirror I have to stop and think wait.... like I'm literally in NY right now! It's crazy we were in young mens yesterday and we were with all the young men and like the teacher was just talking about how all the stuff they taught would be relevant in their missions when it came time for them to go. It made me remember when we were all in priest quorum and talking about missions, it's crazy to actually be on the other end!

Tuesday was sickest day ever. We met with Raj and Christine and they are such a cool family and keep them in your prayers and we are hoping they make the decision to get baptized! Then on Tuesday we played ball and Shawn Jr came and we invited the young men! Christian Pena is 14 years old and he is dope.  He came and he brought his non member friend luis and we are meeting with him this week! Then some Spanish people came and we had 5 on 5! We played like legit ball and we had some good guys playing.....it was so cool! I dunked on a fast break and all the guys that I was so dope hahahaha! But that was such a great time and it's cool to see how something I love like basketball is helping me do the work! We are about to explode with baptisms I can feel it. We are working very hard, and NY is such a hard place to do missionary work but I can feel something great coming!

We met with Andrew Sanchez who is my favorite guy in NY. He used to be a branch president but then went less active but is now back in the young mens. He is so dope and we meet with him all the time now and he is like another ward mission leader! Wednesday was also so sick.....we went on exchanges with our zone leaders elder Jensen and beecher and that was so cool! Exchanges on the mission are like vacations they are the best. You get to go to a new area and be with a different comp for the day and it's just a blast. Then at night it was all 4 of us and it was ust a party and thier apartment. We stayed up till like 2 am and it was so dope hahahaha we were so tired the next day, Mormon hangover is what I call it. Then we got to go on more exchanges on Friday with the office elders and I was in the office for the day! We went on a road trip out to long Island southshore and that place is way cool! It really was such and amazing week!

Keep praying for naveen he really needs all the prayers. Yesterday was fast sunday and we fasted for him and it was the easiest fast of my life. If you know me that crazy cause I love food and usually fast sunday is torture. I didn't even almost die this time. Speaking of food tho I've gained like 8 pounds which is super solid hahaha I love it.

Anyway I have a cool story that happened this week. So we are riding the bus home and we had split up and try to talk to more people. I sat next to this guy who was about 25. He had a Yankees hat on so even tho I hate the Yankees I said hey cool hat, are you a Yankees fan? And he said yes! We got taking and he was so cool.  He opened up and told me he had made some mistakes in the past. I told him about baptism and how it is like starting over with a clean slate and how God really does care about him. His name is Alex and after I said that he was quiet, when he looked at me he asked "how do I get baptized" even on a loud crowded bus I could feel the spirit so strong. He has been texting us a lot and we are meeting this week and I'm so excited for him and it was such a great experience! Also we set our temple date with Shawn! We are going on April 8th! We are taking his beamer to Manhatten it's literally a dream come true, that is gonna be one of the best days of the mission so far!

I know this church is true and I know the power of repentance is real, I have seen it in my life and the life's of others here in NY. I challenge you all to read Alma 34:33! Or just read the whole chapter....my dad sent me that chapter to read the first week I was here in NY and it really changed my outlook. I love you all so much...quick shout out to my family you guys are OG squad I love you so much and I will express that every week! Also shout out to fine 9: K9, P-town, Skeet, Blocks, Bed, Scoop, G-JOY, Bunks... I love you all and talk about you everyday, everyone thinks it's so dope that our squad is all serving and how we are all over the world! I pray for you all every night, keep ballin.  I'm pumped for conference and it's gonna be so cool here! Also my bracket tanked so that Is a bummer but who cares hahaha! Everyone keep me updated with you....I love hearing about all you!

Elder Imlay









No comments:

Post a Comment