Monday, February 6, 2017

Hey everyone,

So to start off I got to go to a justserve.org meeting last night while you all watched the super bowl so who is the real winner? FRICK THE PATS. I was looking in all the stores as we walked down the streets...Hahaha but shout out to kanon for sending me updates.

Anyway this week has been amazing and I love new York and the people. Scratch whatever I said about my comp last week cause I love him. Hahaha we aren't similar but we are getting along very well and definitely more settled in and he is just dope! This week was crazy.  Alot went on and I ate some good food and met some dope missionaries and members and investigators. Before I start into everything I heard kaler got another ticket and they should just send him to jail, he'd fit right in hahaha. No I'm kidding!   You should see how people drive in new York it's hilarious. Luckily we just take the bus and the subway everywhere.

I already feel like a native new yorker.  The other day we had just got done doing service so I was in street clothes and a guy tried to sell me some drugs, hahaha it was funny!  I was like nah I'm good haha. Also we were over at Joe's house on Saturday cleaning, he is our investigator, and I found this little container and I was like what is this and it was some weed. Then his girlfriend Jen came over and was like hey don't throw that away to me and Joe and she took it hahahaha. She is so wack but like they are both so nice! After we got done cleaning they fed us a way good meal.....they bought this big family meal from a Dominican place on Jamaica Ave.  I ate good this week, got some pizza and some McDonald's and there is this Halal cart right by our house and it's cheap so I got some lamb over rice and it was a ton of food and so good.  I'll be eating there again!. But also we got fed a couple times.  One family always gives us spam with all the meals and that's one of those things you feed to the dog when they aren't looking hah. But at this other place this family was feeding us and my comp couldn't eat the food and they didn't understand that he was gluetin free so when they weren't looking we switched plates and I ate both, hahaha I have a feeling that might happen a lot but I ain't mad!

It has really been such a good and fast week! It snowed a ton on Tuesday and then was all melted my Wednesday! I had my first exchange this week with elder Jensen and he is so dope. He's my zone leader and we are way tight now! I love that guy and he taught me a lot and we had a ton of fun. Also met this other guy elder corzo and he is so dope as well.  If I get to serve with 1 of them I'd be pumped! But I freaking love my comp we are more settled In and like he's loosened up and we are having a ton of fun and getting along great! But I know the reason is because we are working hard and doing what the Lord has asked! We are very busy and I freaking love it! Shawn is my boy and is gonna get baptized in less than a month so continue to pray for him everyday! I love him and he was at church on sunday!!!! Church is always fun!  I barely survived fast sunday like no joke I was about to write home and say my goodbyes HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. No just kidding but for real. We have a awesome week!   This week is already filled up and we have 2 new investigators so I will let you know how that goes!

I love everyone so much.  A shout out to the fine 9 all ballin out and good luck kanon! Also love my family so much you guys are awesome! Cam keep up the good work don't get married bro and go JAZZ....my comps got that iPad so we ask Siri for the standing like every night! But last thing is keep reading BoM, it will change your life! We are starting over as a whole mission in like a week so I'm hurrying to finish myself, I've read like 40 chapters in the past 3 days and I should be done in the next week. I love the book of Mormon and prayer! I prayer for you guys everyday and I'm doing amazing!  Thanks for your support.  This church is true so share that with someone this week!

Love you all!
Elder Imlay

P.S I got this filthy view of Manhatten every night when we cross this bridge, the only time you go there is for temple or doctors visits so I'm gonna poison my comp.  Also, there is this place called Corona which is pretty much Mexico so shout out to Cam I'm serving in Mexico too...also sent some Mexico pics.









No comments:

Post a Comment