Monday, January 30, 2017




Ayo what is up my people!

Okay I could literally go on forever this week was so crazy. Hahaha crazy how much you can get done in a week out here on the Mish, like we are putting in work out here, like straight ballin this first week. I'll start from Monday, so I got up at 3:30 and flew to new York and got to talk to my family and friends! That was so awesome!  This is for my family I love you guys so much and you are literally everything to me. God literally blesses families and I have come so much closer to my father in heaven and my savior in the past 4 weeks, and I love you guys so much. Read Alma 36 this week...kaler and cam and mom and dad, and everyone. I want you to know that your support means the world and I'm so happy right now.  I've settled in and it's awesome.  I pray for you guys everyday, continue to study the BOM everyday and pray. Prayer has changed my life and I can testify stronger than anything that God answers our prayers. The only thing I love more than prayer is my family and friends. Quick shout out to the Fine 9, to all the boys in the hood and the boys about to enter...Gav and Kan ball out!

Okay so the mission home was super awesome and I got the best dinner and breakfast and it just was awesome.  Then I went to mission office on Tuesday and got my comp and area. Drum roll please............,,,,..,,.,.,, so I'm in the Rego Park Queens area and yes its the most diverse place like ever, hahaha!  But it is dope and I'm starting to get used to it!  Like I don't think we all realize how lucky were are in Utah for everything and how awesome our ward is.  This place is a lot different and makes me grateful for what I have. Next my comp is a guy named Elder Asplund! He is a cool guy from Farmington Utah.  He's pretty short and super obedient hahahaha, but I'm super grateful for him.  He has got me off on a good foot and he has been out about 8 months.  He also trained elder Heiner. We don't have much in common and he bugs me a little but over all I'm satisfied.

We have been putting in the work tho this first week. It's weird to like look down and you have a tag on in new York and people look at you funny and it's pretty awesome! We have a couple people we are working with.  Joe was already here when I got here and he's been being taught for 6 years by missionaries and he knows more than I do hahaha.  He has serious word of wisdom issues, but we came up with a plan we are doing.  I showed him a calendar and we are attacking 1 problem at a time and I think we are gonna get him in a few months. He really connected with me and he plays guitar so we bonded over that and I showed him the one song I can play. The other guy is Shawn.  He was a referral we got from sisters and we got him on Wednesday and we have taught him twice, I will send you a picture of him.  He is a big black guy and idk what it is but big black guys love me.  Like we just talked NBA and like he knows Lamar odem...he grew up with him and he is just dope.  His sister is a member and he really wants the church. So I'm excited because we set a baptism date on March 4th so Shawn hopefully will be my first baptism.  We are working hard with him to get him ready, he is awesome!

This really has been an awesome week and it is way different than the MTC. Like way different and I miss my MTC friends so much.  It was so hard to say bye to VH on Tuesday I wanted to cry hahaha, but being out here is so awesome.  The first couple of days were hard but I'm finally starting to feel way good and happy! This is where I'm supposed to be and this is the Lord's work. Read the scriptures everyday and pray always it will change your life I know that. I met the ward yesterday and it's just crazy...it's nothing like Utah.   Idk how to explain but like 95 percent of people here are straight crazy like no joke! I took video of this 1 guy but I can't send videos which sucks. But yeah even ward members are crazy.  Last night on our way home this guy stopped us and starting telling us how we sucked cause we didn't respect Jesus and I was getting mad and elder asplund had to pull me away hahaha!  We accidently gave him a card and he's sent us like 10 texts with like YouTube links to his church videos hahahahahaha.

There is so much to tell and this is already long so I'll rap it up.  Best funny thing that happened this week is we were in an apartment building and the elevator opened up and a dog came out with no owner so we were like what the hahahaha. Lastly I eat pretty good!  We are getting fed tonight by a member.  We went to the store and it's cheap here so I just stalk up on food and I've been eating a lot...just like really easy quick food.  We went to Chipolte 1 night and that was so goooooood! I'm gonna grab some NYC pizza today, but the worst thing is my comp is gluetin free so he can't eat anything hahahaha sucks for him!

Anyway idk what else to write, such a good week and I'll send pics of my apartment it's nice! Love you all until next week!

Love,
Elder Imlay

                                                   















No comments:

Post a Comment