Monday, February 13, 2017

Hey what's gucci everyone!

To start off this was the best week of the mission so far! Literally so much happened this week so I will try and get it all in! We are teaching a lot of people right now and have so many visits. Shawn is our main focus and I can't wait to see him baptized on March 4th.  He is progressing very well and just has a desire but please pray for him to not have the desire to slip back into his old habits.  He is going to be at church the next 2 weeks! He came 2 weeks ago but his son had a bball game this Sunday so he couldn't come. He will be there soon to and I'm excited for him.   I'm gonna play ball with his son and hopefully be able to teach him as well! Also we are teaching Naveen, who is such a stud!  We teach him over FaceTime half the time, but we gave him a book of Mormon and 2 pamphlets and he studied them all like for 2 hours a day and so he is progressing well.  Pray for him to feel the spirit and accept our invitation to be baptized. Also keep praying for Joe for strength to overcome his word of wisdom issues. Joe is so cool and would be baptized if he would break up with his wack girlfriend, she like is the reason he drinks. It sucks but no joke I pray every night that he will dump her hahahahaha.

This week was insane....on Tuesday we started exchanges with the office elders so I went with elder walker (that's a lot of the pics). He is an office elder so I was doing office stuff all day Wednesday and it was so dope,  We went road tripping hahaha....we went out to plain view which is so sick....its on the island and it's like small town,  Then we went to Brooklyn and got some sick pics of Manhatten and statue of liberty and stuff it was literally such a fun day! We ballin out here its so dope,!  We taught a guy that night!  So many people can barely speak English hahaha it's so hard to understand but it makes for some funny meetings.

Also we walked this super diva dog that reminds me of tys dog coco.  t was for this old woman in our ward and the dog was being so dumb and the leash like almost fell off and the dog was almost wild in NYC hahahaha. I made my comp clean up the poop so it was good haha. Biggest storm ever was on Thursday....like so much snow you can see in the pic. It was so crazy but you know that didn't stop us,,,,literally there was like a foot of snow everywhere and we hiked a mile to Shawns house and he really appreciated us. Then we shoveled the whole church parking lot for like 2 hours hahaha and then a plow truck showed up, I was like really bro.....!  But it was all good cause bro nunez (who is my strait up brotha) took us to panda and bought us food! He also hooked me up with some boots he had some extras and he just gave me them cuz they were my size! I literally love him he is so nice....he's the ward mission leader! We teach this family that are all members but they have a tough life,  The two 2 kids are 12 and 13 and they love us but they are punks! They are cool tho and Their middle names are literally weed hahaha. But we were at there house and I told them to hit me up on Twitter and insta so I got some new followers. Speaking of that tho, we use Facebook out here so you've probably seem my account but yeah I hate it and I don't like using it but a lot of people add you so it's good.

We had mega zone conference this week and if you think sitting in church for 3 hours is long then you're bush league.. this thing was 7 1/2 hours. Hahaha....it was so long but definitely good. It keeps you focused on your purpose and our president is super cool. He is very strict he has his own set of rules for the mission called standards of conduct but he is a nice guy and he loves me so that's good. He called me and elder asplund at like 11pm on Wednesday cause he knew it was gonna snow and he's like elders I know it is late but I need you to meet me out front of the church and bring me out snow shovels tomorrow, so I said got you homie and we jumped out of bed and ran over there! Hahahaha sometimes it's really easy to sleep at night, but like last night me and elder asplund stayed up till like 12:30 talking, however that's would still early for me if it was before the mission haha.

Funniest thing happened on Saturday Maria castro was feeding us a member in our ward who is from colombia so she got us Colombian food.  It was way good actually but then she brought out dessert and they are called brevas... look them up because they are like a sweet pickled pepper or something but  they are so nasty.  When she walked out of room for 2 seconds I wrapped 3 of the 4 she gave me in a napkin and put them in my pocket...we were laughing so hard and when she came back she's like what's so funny and I just said my comp told me a joke hahahahaha! I threw those away after we left but I did choke down 1 of them. We also met with Tom and Dixon that night and they are doing okay.  They need some help so pray for them as well. Tom is a member who doesn't have a job and Dixon and his family are our investigators.

Craziest day tho was yesterday oh my gosh. So yesterday were at church hour early and the church starts and Duval shows up who is less and active we are working with.  It's his first day of this job he just got and he comes to church cause he doesn't have a ride to his job and no money...this guy is wack. He is like dad's age and literally us two 18 year olds basically are like babysitting him. He's like my black 50 year old son!!!!  But for reals he told us he had to be work at 2 and it was 1 so we took the Sacrament and then ran to the subway and bought him a metro card and then literally sprinted back to church cause we had to sing in ward choir since we are 2 of the 4 men in choir hahaha.  And then after that a speaker  didn't show up so I had to bear a 5 min testimony so it was a solid Sunday hahaha.   Last night sister Peterson who is a senior missionary invited us all over for dinner and it was great! We met this guy and his family....his name is Ali and he is from Vegas. He just got to new York and he is a member but his family isn't.  He said they are going thru a rough time and he was praying to see Mormons and then we ran into him and gave him a bunch of stuff to read with his family and he is calling us today!

This was such a good week, it was packed but I love it. Missions are a lot different than what I expected but they are awesome. Everyday I still look down and realize I'm actually doing what I've been working toward my whole life. It's crazy the time has flew by, I'm half way done with my first transfer. I miss you all so much and think about you every day!  Every time I get the question why did you come on are a mission I say cause I love my family and I love this church and I know it will bless us. I also miss my homies so much.  I got pictures of the squad hanging everywhere in my apartment. We are all balling out on missions right now it's insane. "Fine 9 gone preaching" is gonna be a movie in 2 years! Thanks for all the support and everyone's emails, they mean a ton!  NYC is awesome but there is no place like stg cause it has the best people around.

Idk what else to write about I could go on forever but I'll finish of with a scripture everyone please read helaman 5 this week. My family and my friends are my foundation and thru them I built and am building the strongest foundation on Christ that cannot be shakin, Have a great week my people I love you all.

It's your boy Elder Imlay

P.S cam I hope you working out cause I'm going weight and getting huge, I'll send you a tool pic individually. Also here is my address if anyone wants it.

Address

85-69 60th drive
Elmhurst NY
11373











No comments:

Post a Comment