Monday, February 20, 2017

What up everybody,

To start of this week was good but probably the hardest of my mission. But Sunday I'm bouncing back, in the words of big Sean "last night took an L but tonight I bounce back". It really was a great week, however, I thought about my family a lot and my friends and I miss them a lot. My love for everyone back home is insane.  I love you all so much, especially my family...I can't express how much you mean to me! Kaler and Cam you are the best brothers ever, and mom and dad everything I have become is because of you. Also shout out to the fine 9. Kanon and gav finishing up the MTC.  Hit it hard boys you guys are dope and keep balling out.

Really tho this work was awesome.  It was a hard week cause I thought of how long it would be till I see everyone again but I bounced back because of a video I watched. I challenge you all to watch the video "mountains to climb". It is a Mormon message and every time I watch it, it changes my life. The mission is very hard I'm not gonna lie, but what I've learned is take everything hour by hour, day by day, week by week and really to find joy in the journey. I have come to love everyone in my ward and everyone around me. You have to find joy in everything you are doing cause 1 day you will look back and miss it. This is the Lord's work that I'm doing and I love it a ton.  As long as I have the Lord on my side even when I might be getting a little down I bounce right back. I love this crazy place so much and would not rather be anywhere but here.

This week I hit some sick dunks at the church hahaha and the videos have impressed a lot of the people we are working with. Valentine's day was dope! Me and my date elder asplund taught Shawn the law of chastity that day so it was just a great valentine's day! Hahahaha.  Shawn is progressing well and he brought both his kids to church yesterday.  His son wants to play ball with me and he thought the video of me 360 dunking was way sick! Mom will you send me my kobe's in a package cuz I'm going to give them to Shawn Jr. They are his size and he would really love them! Also this week we had trainer trainee meeting which was so dope.  I got to see my boy Elder van haren, that was so lit cuz me and him are literally so tight and I can't wait to serve with him. That meeting was pretty good and we got some good free pizza.  We had zone training meeting the next day and my zone is way cool! Also elder Williams who is a senior elder we were in his car and he drove backwards down a busy 1 way street hahahahahha!  We were laughing so hard. We had some great meetings and great lessons this week. Shawn is so close to his baptism and Naveen said he wants to be baptized and we are gonna set a date this week! Pray for both Shawn and naveen! Also pray for Joe to stop drinking and smoking and to tell jen to leave hahaha.

Rego park is so cool! Saturday night we played basketball with DeShawn for a little.  He is a less active who is like 20 years old. Nothing way crazy this week except that the work is going amazing.  Our whole week is planned out like no joke we have so many visits and lessons, we have people feeding us like most nights. The weather in new York is legend!  The past couple days has been in the 60's and it's the best like literally my prayers were answered cuz I'm sick of freezing my man parts off.

Mom I need you to put two people's emails on the list kyle.van.haren@myldsmail.net and rbrbnon6@gmail.com. welcome you 2 to the most legend email of all time haha J/K. Also I'm making a remix to the song airplanes and I will be dropping that song in the next month so everyone be ready!  

Everyone I love you a ton and new York is very awesome and the work is great we are doing so good! Don't forget tho that stg is the best place on earth! I love you all and keep being balling out! Study the scriptures...I have learned so much about the book of Mormon and everyday someone asks me a question about something I had just barely read and if I wouldn't have read that day I could not answer. It crazy to see how I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands, I feel like I can do anything cause as I serve God he will bless me. Can't believe I've been out for as long as I have its crazy. I also heard the Allstars game was yesterday I was on and bus and like 6 random people and me got into a 30 min conversation about the NBA and none of us knew each other hahahahaha, best part of the week!

Elder young kob

Also fun fact most people I can't even understand they all just speak garbage English but it's fun cause you can just nod your head and smile.











No comments:

Post a Comment