Monday, February 27, 2017

Hello All

This week was so fast but at the same time long! Great week like definitely love this work so much and I know this church is true. So much happened this week, like idk where to start HAHAHAHA. Missions have a ton of drama like it's so funny to sit back and watch haha. So I guess to start the 2 sisters in my district had an explosion on each other this week and so sister Talaboc got midnighted out of our area and sister Gourley is now here for the next week. It's pretty crazy they were doing so good and then just blew up one day. Freaking sisters, girls are emotional wrecks out here. Also met this super hot girl named Caroline on the bus, and I talked to her for a while... Definitely shoulda talked more about the gospel but I'm a newbie I'm still learning HAHAHA.

Elder Asplund was sick at the start of the week so I read a lot of the book of Mormon on Tuesday and I was able to finish, and I can tell you for a surety that that book is true and the spirit I've felt while reading that book has changed me and my life. I challenge you all to read the book of Mormon everyday, I promise it will make a difference in your life. Being out on a mission has taught me so much but truly has taught me that this church is the most important thing in our life.  I think sometimes we all get caught up in our daily life's but we need to realize the big picture of life and I can tell you the way to find true happiness is through the this church and the book of Mormon.

Wednesday was exchanges with my zone leaders, aka my hittas, they are so dope. I went with elder Jensen the legend hahaha I love him and we had a great day. That night we had 4 air mattress in their apartment and stayed up till like 2 am talking hahahaha. It felt like I was back with the fine 9 again. We helped Joe clean on Thursday and it was dope because he played radio and it was a good station so I got some sick tunes for a while that day so best day ever. This week we also got fed like everyday so that was dope.  The members are loving us and our meetings are going good and getting referrals. The people we are working with are doing great but continue to pray for them. Shawn is getting baptized on sat and he is so ready, I love him so much like he is amazing. He gave us a ride in his BMW the other day he's a legend. Also Naveen please pray that his job will let him have Sundays off. He loves the church and will be baptized March 25 if he can come to church regularly so he needs work off. Also Dixon is new investigator so pray for him.  He is also black and is a stud!  Then we have meena who we gave a book of Mormon and is gonna progress well. Also deyshawn, pray for him to act on the faith he has.

I felt the spirit so much this week and mainly because of the priesthood. I never told you all but in the MTC I gave a lot of priesthood blessings and that was a blessing I was able to give 5 or so to other missionaries that asked. Out in the field I've stood in on a few but Sunday night a family investigation asked if I could give them blessings and I gave Ruma and Atul the mom and dad both blessings. The priesthood is real and we really can do anything if we have faith in the Lord. I've never felt the spirit more then I did last night when I put my hands on their head and gave them a blessing. It's crazy to see the Lord work through someone like me.  I'm just an average guy (who is super tall) that has took a lot for granite in my life, but the Lord still finds a way to bless people through me...it's amazing. The talk I encourage all to read this week is from elder Holland in 2012 called laborers in the vineyard. It's amazing to see this gospel change people's lives.

So on the not so spiritual side, shout out to elder van haren for warning me about Jay, the guy who cuts our hair.  He messed up elder van harens hair so I didn't let him mess me up too bad. Still not the best hair cut but VH took one for the team on this one. Also shout out to gav ballin in NY week 1, and kanon bout to hit up Perth. All the rest of the boys keep representing, we really have the most legendary friend group out there.  Everyone that I've met in the mission has heard so many stories of us hahahaha! But also the family, keep being awesome!  Cam and kaler suck at writing me but I still think they are aight. No I love you so much and pray every night for you. Keep sending lots of pics and thanks for the packages they are getting here today! Will you send me any pics you have of the day I left at the temple and my farewell date! Thanks!

Last thing hahaha...we were at deyshawn and jerimiah and Jamals house on Saturday and I sent kaler a snap chat on jerimiahs account so kaler check that out! Hahaha. I am sending some pictures...the first picture is the new mission attire everyone I required to wear. Second pic is some homemade Durangos.  Also I'll send some videos individually mom if you can attach them!

Love Elder young kob

P.S.  I peed in a bush last night








No comments:

Post a Comment