Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Hey what's up homies!!

Dang definitely an insane week out here! There is one thing I've come to know pretty good on my mission, that is change. It's crazy how 1 day you can be feeling something and the next day your whole world is changed... in a new place with new people you've never met! I always be rambling on hahaha that's my bad. But this week was definitely a change! My new comp is Elder Palmer from salt lake city and he is a really cool guy.  He hasn't been on the mission that long but is an awesome missionary. It's been a good first week getting him adjusted and adjusting my self.  I definitely miss elder Roderick, but things will be good and I'm excited to see how this last journey of my mission goes!

Two quick gifts straight from God this week was that Rickey our investigator who smokes is now on baptismal date.  He hasn't smoked in 5 days! It's been so sweet to work with him and I'm super pumped for what's happening there. He is so converted to the gospel and I know that's what is important....the baptism and those things come with it. When we are truly able to commit ourselves to God that's when we are in the right path.

Also this week another blessing on blessing on blessing on blessing, was we got a phone call from a couple named Rob and Donna.  Literally on the phone they said they had contacted missionaries for the past 2 days and been talking and will do whatever it takes to be baptized. Rob told us he has already made his decision and is willing to do whatever god tells him to do. It truly was the coolest experience to talk to him and go hear him and his repentant heart. He has a lot to overcome and we will get him there but I'm grateful for the journey we've started with him. Keep them in your prayers.

If you are still reading this email last week the quote was by the homie big Sean. Y'all had some good guesses tho. Anyways everything here is great.  I'm in Manhattan right now chillin while my comp is in the temple. I still have to stop and realize where I'm at sometimes. This place truly is amazing and I couldnt ask for a better place to be.

Quick shout out to the boys in geezy...can t believe 5/9 are back. Love you guys so much. A scripture I'd love for you all to read is Romans 8:38-39. This is the kind of love I feel for my family and my friends and you all. Thank you for all you do!

Have a great week,
Elder Imlay
#findjoyinthejourney



No comments:

Post a Comment