Monday, March 13, 2017

Hey everyone!

Another week here in Queens was good! Shout out to Rihanna with the title of my email, cause I got to listen to her this week...haha. Well the week was pretty basic and not to exciting. I need to get robbed or something crazy needs to happen. Blake is having all that fun in Colombia hahaha! My area is ghetto but I never feel scared.  It's an awesome place and I love it here in New York.

This week Tuesday was transfer day, that was super dope cause you get to see like most of the mission, and I got to see my boi Van Haren!! Still just waiting for the day that we are comps, maybe hit up zone leaders again later on in the mission! But yeah anyway the weather in New York freaking sucks. It was like 70 last week and now the high is like 30 and we about to get a blizzard and it's freezing!

This week tho was a good week, just a solid week of missionary work. We did a lot of service this week and really when you have opportunity to do service you jump right on it because it's different and you get to wear normal clothes. I get my Hoodie on and I fit right in. But really I love just talking to random people...like I just start like talking about sports and like other things and people are actually very willing to open up if you start with something they like! We were on the bus on Friday and we split up so I was in the back, and  a guy had some Nike kicks on and we just talked about shoes and basketball NBA for 10 min and then I share the gospel and got his phone # and hopefully something comes out of that! But really we get a lot of interested people and then when you contact them they just don't answer or blow you off! NYC is a hard place for missionary work, but you just gotta find the right way to approach it! I have made some really awesome relationships with the members tho here and I wouldn't trade those for anything. Really I love people and I love being around them and I'm going to be sad the day I have to leave Rego park 1st ward.

The people we are working with most tho are Naveen.  Pray for him for something crazy to happen at work so he gets Sundays off! Cause he wants to get baptized he just has to come to church! Also deyshawn, I would do anything for him to come back to church...I love the guy and he really is "dat homie". Also pray for Raj and Christine! The hardest thing about the mission is getting people to realize that this is the only true church. A lot of people just believe in God and all churches are true. I can tell you all with a surety that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. And I know for a fact that I couldn't survive the mission without help from somewhere and I know that that help is from our heavenly father. I was reading the conference talk "it's better to look up" by ELder Cook in 2011. I would recommend for all to read it.  I love you all so much and my family I love you more than anything, and I'm so grateful that I will have you forever. Fine 9 is fam as well. We'll sorry nothing interesting this week other than, me and elder asplund recorded our song and as soon as it's finished I'll send it out!

Deuces from NY

Ps Im filling out a bracket...I got Arizona winning the whole thing. Hahahahha I miss sports so much but I will survive!

Elder Koby

Also I cook like 7/10, you gonna see me in culinary school in 2 years




No comments:

Post a Comment