Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Aight what a week!

First things first, I did not escape the sickness and I've had a cold and sore throat for the past week. But it's all good because mom hooked me up with the drugs and I'm starting to feel better! This week was literally so awesome! I love it here and I love all the people around me and I love being zone leader so I can like be an example and help in anyway I can! I got so lucky with my comp elder VH.  We literally are so tight now like people ask all the time if we knew each other before the mission! It's gonna be really sad to leave all these people next Monday. The time has really gone so fast and I really can't believe I'm almost done here! So I guess the plan is I leave provo at 3:30 AM to go catch a flight from salt lake to Detroit and then to new York. So I will be calling you guys at like 6ish in the morning on Monday and then again in Detroit probably around noon.

Okay so what happened this week….there was a devotional last Tuesday and Neil L Anderson spoke and it was sooooooo dope! I know that the prophet and apostles are called of God and every chance I get to hear them is really such a blessing. So I'm not gonna lie we have so fun here and we mess around all the time and it's so funny….people are falling asleep in class and it's just lit.  I'll send you some pics! But my teaching skills have gone up so much, the first day I was like crap I'm screwed but literally me and VH are so good together and I'm confident we will baptize everyone in new York.  No I'm kidding but I really have come to love this work and I know as I teach with love and really care about the people I'm teaching, the spirit will get thru to them. I am so excited to get out in the field mostly because the food here at the MTC is getting a Lil old. But you know me I just throw it down anyway.  I've literally had be ask me so many times how I'm not fat cause I always get like 2 plates and like a salad or something hahahaha. Also I eat like an average of 4 donuts a day so that's cool. I'm super stoked for the food in new york!

Next I really loving getting mail like dear elder and stuff and normal letters and packages, those are awesome and make my day. Thanks so much for the package mom that was awesome and the treats were well needed! Also you guys are slacking on the sports updates, I know you were scared to tell me about the Hawks but I figured out from this other dude. But yeah how are the Utes doing in basketball?

Really I love you all so much and I pray for you guys every day. You guys are the best examples and I know I'm in the right place. It's a blessing to see ty and Jace every day. I love those guys and it's so sick to talk to them about everything! Also me and VH taught this guy named Theo thus week and he is such a G! I'll have to get a pic, but literally the first lesson we talked to him about like Kanye and basketball shoes for like 30 minutes and he just fell in love with us.  Then we had a 5 min lesson and invited him to be baptized and you know he accepted. It was way dope!

But to finish my email I'm gonna send some pics and the first couple is just a little example of what the MTC is like. Love you all until next week

-Elder Imlay

P.S Nobody can say my name right hahahaha

Elder Imlay and Elder VH with Theo (investigator)


Kanon just "accidentally" ran into Koby outside the MTC on his P-Day






Lots of sleeping going on in the MTC


No comments:

Post a Comment