Monday, August 14, 2017

Greetings

CONGRATULATIONS TO CARTER AND ADRIAN!!! That's my by Carter, atta kid. I can believe you are married. It feels like yesterday you offered to get me some booz cause you just turned 21. nah really congrats Carter, I love you man!

This week tho was super sick! Tuesday at the Brooklyn bridge was way cool.  Then on our way back to far rockaway we stopped in Brooklyn to say bye to elder jensen since he goes home tomorrow that's crazy! then that night our Haitian friend fed us some A+ salmon! I'm gonna miss her so much she's the best as are really all the people here in far rockaway.

We have been doing some serious work out here as well. One thing I'm really bummed about is that we will be having 4 baptisms next transfer! Freaking 4!!!It's crazy, Dean is champing out and he has set his mind to stop smoking completely Aug 25 and then baptized early September!  love the guy even tho he's a little wack, but that's far rock for ya. Michelle and her son Michael are as champ as investigators come. Michael is 12 and came to church with us (Michelle had to work), but he loved it and Michele said she will do whatever it takes to come to church even if it's quitting her current job, She has so much faith and is so prepared! I can't wait for them to be baptized mid September! Ariana Siddoway (she's the little girl in the back of the BBQ pic), she's gonna get baptized next transfer too! President Romeo said she had to wait 3 months and it's been like 2! But there is so much success here in far rockaway and right now if you would all pray for the Phipps family our investigators, as their dad just passed away. I know that the plan of salvation has truly been a comfort to them and they really need prayers.

We had a BBQ with the Siddoways on Saturday! I freaking love their family! Sis Siddoway made some really Gucci grub. Then that night we went to a meeting in Woodside! and the stake presidency talked about priesthood and youth the entire time! They talked about how our ward needs to know the youth and be involved and I thought back to my sage hollow ward and I was like dang we were awesome! We have a special place we live in back home and the people there are 1 in a million.

Im excited to hit up Bermuda in 8 days. It's been a journey and it just continues! There is a scripture in 2 Nephi 31:20 it says: "this is the way, and there is no other way or name given that men can be saved in the kingdom of god". Always remember the big picture of life, and find joy in the journey!

Love ya'll... huge shout out to the squad. K9, Gavi, ty...all about to train new missionaries good luck! Shout out to kaler senior year let's get it boi. and My boi cam good luck with the double school my man! Mom and Dad you are just the champiest. Lucky I'm not there to whip y'all up in guitar hero, that's my game

Talk to you next week last time before Bermy

Elder Imlay





No comments:

Post a Comment