Monday, April 2, 2018

What's up

I know that President Russell M Nelson is the prophet and he has been called of God and has been prepared to be here at this time. I know that we belong to the only true church and I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve here in New York and help in this work. Big things are coming for Christ's church here on earth and this conference was absolutely amazing. I learned so much this past weekend and I have so much I need to improve on and I just encourage you all to study the messages that our leaders have given to us. I could go on and on about my feelings about conference but I'll try to contain myself.

This week was way good and super quick. Some highlights....we were able to have zone conference which was actually really spiritual this time. I was able to give a talk on the atonement so that was cool. Then we were able to do a lot of service helping a member pack boxes into a storage unit and also a non-member move! Then we were also able to play basketball with the youth in our ward on Friday and that was way fun...only dunked on a couple of them. Last was conference.  We watched at the church and then with the Zimmermans who are a senior couple.  It was great and we got some great food.

Something way cool was we were able to get back with our investigator Yvonne. We had a way cool lesson on a little bit of the plan of salvation and receiving revelation for herself and family. The spirit was strong and I love them so much. One thing I learned from conference this week is that in the world we live, soon we will not be able to survive unless we can receive our own revelation. It's so important that we can communicate with God and discern his will for us.  Also we were able to get in contact with our investigators Sandra and Max. They are both kinda stuck but we are gonna work hard with them.  Tashon dropped us....I'm afraid he was just trying to get with the sisters so when they gave him to us, his answers to our questions about the book of Mormon were "where'd the girls go?"

Such a great week, I know that the prophet has been specifically prepared for this day. And also that true and pure love is the most important thing we can posses, I have so much to improve on. I love you all wherever you are at. Send me an email! I can't believe it's April....time is ticking away! My bracket got busted just like every year lol, but anyway have a great week. #findjoyinthejourney

-elder koby Imlay



No comments:

Post a Comment